|Big Sur Campground & Cabins
|(831) 667-2322 Year-round family camping among the redwood trees along the Big Sur river. Inner tube rentals for floating on the Big Sur river. Store, laundry, playground and basketball court. Tent camping with hot showers. RV camping with water and electric hook-ups as well as a dump station. Fishing (November - February). Restaurants, gift shops, beach and trail access are all nearby. You'll find a variety of cabins, including tent cabins and A-Frame cabins. Many with fully equipped kitchens. Tenters Welcome - Rental accommodations - Credit Cards Accepted. AAA approved. Reservations accepted. Open all year. RV sites.
|Big Sur Lodge
(800) 424-4787, (831) 667-3100 Located in the heart of Pfeiffer State Park, Big Sur Lodge offers single, double, and family size rooms with fireplaces and kitchenettes and a myriad of wonderful outdoor activities for all travelers' needs including hiking and swimming. There is a restaurant, outdoor patio, gift store, and deli. Wedding and group events/dining facilities are available.
|Big Sur River Inn
|(800) 548-3610, (831) 667-2700 Featuring 22 cozy guest rooms, restaurant and bar, and a seasonally heated swimming pool on the Big Sur River. Also features a gas station and general store stocked with natural foods and convenience items. High speed wireless internet access is available on the property in the restaurant and guest rooms.
|Deetjen's Big Sur Inn
|(831) 667-2377 Offering lodging in a picturesque, historic Big Sur setting. Nestled in the redwoods of Castro Canyon, the Inn has just 20 rooms, and offers a quiet, retreat atmosphere. Advance reservations suggested.
831-667-3000 - As the birthplace of the human potential movement, Esalen Institute (www.esalen.org) offers year-round workshops and conferences for personal and social transformation. Call 831-667-3000 to schedule Day Passes with our Healing Arts Team, Overnight Reservations, or for General Inquiries. You can also send inquiries to us directly at email@example.com.
|Fernwood Campground and Resort
|(831) 667-2422 Twelve Unit motel, some with hot tubs and gas fireplaces. Cabins with kitchens on the meadow and nestled in the redwoods bordering Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park. Immediate access to hiking trails. Tent Cabins as well as tent and RV camping along the Big Sur River. Pets are allowed in the tent cabins and campsites only. Family friendly Fernwood Bar & Grill with tavern atmosphere, big screen HD televisions and outside dining on the deck under the redwoods. General store with groceries, espresso bar and Lapperts Ice Cream. Gift shop and Camping Supply store. Free Wifi in the bar and grill with live music on Saturday nights. Ping Pong table behind the bar and grill and occasional Karaoke and Trivia nights in the Tavern. Open year round.
|Glen Oaks Big Sur
|(831) 667-2105 Our adobe motor lodge was considered modern in 1957 and 50 years later Glen Oaks Big Sur has a fresh rustic-modern and Green sensibility. Our remake takes the lead from the original natural adobe walls, known for keeping the hot sun out and the warmth in, and uses recycled and renewable stone, Peroba wood, bamboo, resin, wool carpets and organic cotton for a healthy and natural environment. Walk-in showers are evocative of showering in the forest, but the stylish chrome and porcelain fixtures will bring you back to the modern world.
Whether you are out on a hike, or cozy in your room, you are never far from the warmth and color of nature. Our natural wool blankets by Pendleton Woolen Mills and Coyuchi organic cotton bedding and feather duvets, are delightful to look at and even better to snuggle under. Natural beauty is skin deep, with organic bath products from Innersense.
|Gorda Springs Resort
(805) 927-3918 Beautifully appointed cottages with sweeping Pacific Ocean views. The General Store features convenience items, camping supplies, groceries, and a variety of ready-made sandwiches and food items. Whale Watcher Cafe is open 7:30 AM to 9:00 PM, seven days a week.Offering a gas station open 24 hours, with a minimart and espresso bar. Close to Sand Dollar beach, Jade Cove and numerous hiking trails. 65 miles south of Carmel and 75 miles north of San Luis Obispo.
(866) 424-4787 or (831) 688-4884 Reservations or (831) 667-2391 Market & Gift Shop
Rich in history and located on a cliff 300 feet above the Pacific Ocean, Lucia Lodge is an unparalleled location to experience the majesty of Big Sur. A spectacular panorama of the Big Sur South Coast can be seen from the dining room, dining decks or cliff-side cabin area. No other Big Sur resort provides the spectacular view or feel for what makes Big Sur a destination for the world.
Historic cabins are situated along a secluded cliff and have a full view to the south, as well as vista straight down to the bay below. Lucia Lodge features only ten cabins which are designed to promote the relaxing nature of the area. Cabins have no televisions or telephones, but do feature free WIFI access for communications on your terms.
Three styles of cabins are available. All cabins feature one queen-sized bed, bathrooms with showers and sitting arrangements. Cabins 1-4 are slightly more modern and located farther from the cliff. Each cabin has views of the south coast, with ocean views better in cabin 1 and decreasing towards cabin 4. Cabins 5 & 6 face the Santa Lucia Mountains and are slightly larger. These two cabins offer more spacious bathrooms with shower-over-tub arrangements. Cabins 7 to 10 are the original free-standing cabins built in the 1930’s form locally milled redwood. Located closest to the cliff, all have queen-size beds, gas fireplaces and stand up showers. Bathrooms are small and typical of the 1930’s. Cabin 10 is known as the honeymoon cottage due to its spectacular cliff-side location.
A variety of outdoor sitting areas are available to all guest. Lucia Lodge has a strict No Smoking and No Pets policy for all rooms. All cabins include a wonderful continental breakfast in our dining room and free WIFI access for communications. The focus of our lodge is a romantic setting amid ever changing seascapes and views of majestic mountains where guest can retreat and repair.
|New Camaldoli Hermitage
(831) 667-2456 x100 (831) 667-2456 Located near Lucia on the southern Big Sur Coast, we are a Hermitage and offer rooms for spiritual retreats. Please come and stay with us and enjoy a stay including meals.
Guest facilities are open for men and women year-round. Retreatants are asked to maintain an atmosphere of quiet and contemplation. Two types of spaces are provided for retreatants: single and double occupancy. The retreat house features private single occupancy rooms, each with a half-bath, and personal garden overlooking the ocean. There is a common area with two shower rooms and a kitchen where meals are picked up. In addition, there are five private hermitages. These spaces offer greater solitude and privacy. They include a full bath, refrigerator, counter-top gas burner and a sun deck; three of them are double occupancy. In addition, we have two additional spaces that can accommodate two or more people.
Please visit our chapel and book/gift shop and enjoy the stunning views of the Big Sur coastline. Our monks are available to meet with registered guests for spiritual direction. Please call if you have any questions. You can look and book online: www.contemplation.com.
You may join the monks for Mass at the following times: 11:00 AM (Sunday), 11:30 AM (Friday), Vespers with Mass: 5:00 PM (Monday-Thursday) and 6:00 PM Friday-Saturday). You are also invited to attend the following liturgical services: Vigils: 5:30 AM, Lauds: 7:00 AM.
|Post Ranch Inn
(800) 527-2200 (831) 667-2200 Floating majestically over the Pacific Ocean, Post Ranch Inn on the cliffs of Big Sur, offers a tranquil retreat and an unforgettable escape, be it for romance, relaxation or rejuvenation. With organic architecture embracing the coast's dramatic beauty, the 39 guestrooms blend rustic elegance, comfort and privacy. Each room provides a wood-burning fireplace, indoor spa tub, mini-bar with complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages and a private deck with an ocean or mountain view. Winner of Wine Spectator's prestigious Grand Award, Sierra Mar restaurant offers guests an unconventional fine dining experience that invites guests to indulge in an exploration of food and wine. Guests can relax by the pools and take in the splendid views; rejuvenate with a treatment at the award-winning spa or daily yoga class; or explore all that nature has to offer.
|Ragged Point Inn
|(805) 927-4502 Seventeen cliff-side acres overlook the rugged Pacific, across from Sur Sur Ranch in south Big Sur. Most of our 35 rooms feature magnificent ocean views, fireplaces, decks or balconies. Cliff House has 5 bedrooms, 6 baths, gourmet kitchen, private dining room, sitting room, lawn, great views. Restaurant. Wedding and conference facilities. Sandwich stand. Espresso and wine bar. Gift Shop. Minimart. Gas station. Sunday concerts throughout the summer. WiFi. Dog-friendly.
|(831) 667-2242 We have seventeen rustic cabins that are individually located throughout a strand of beautiful majestic redwood trees with their own deck or patio. Nine of our cabins overlook the Big Sur river while six are near a meadow with blooming gardens and two near the highway. The majority have kitchens and indoor fireplaces while the others have outdoor firepits. We have a shaded river beach offering a refreshing natural pool. Our guests love being lulled to sleep by the sound of the river. All cabins include daily housekeeping service and bathroom amenities. For the cabins with kitchens we provide a 4-burner stove/oven, refrigerator as well as basic cookware and utensils. Reception desk open 8:00 am - 8 :00 pm.
|Riverside Campground & Cabins
|(831) 667-2414 Our beautiful 16-acre dog friendly property offers RV and tent camping as well as 12 cozy cabins nestled in majestic redwoods along the Big Sur river. Hiking and beach access are just minutes away. Enjoy seasonal catch & release fishing, swimming and inner tubing in the Big Sur river. Pet Friendly.
|San Simeon Lodge
|(866) 990-8990 (805) 927-4601 Closest to Hearst Castle, just 2 miles South, this lodge features 65 rooms, panoramic ocean view, heated pool, beautiful grounds, a large restaurant & cocktail lounge with entertainment, market, bike rental, coffee bar, ATM. One block to world famous Pico Beach.
(877) 4BIGSUR (877) 424-4787 Features seven ocean view tent campsites (along with the 16 yurts). Great views of the Pacific at Cape San Martin in south Big Sur. Can be reserved in advance! Campsite rates include full use of resort facilities (pool, hot tub, showers) and complimentary breakfast for two. (Maximum occupancy two guests per site) There are two restaurant venues at the Resort: Coastal cuisine boasting fresh organic greens harvested from resort garden and the famousSunset Sushi Bar. Gift and Convenient Store.
TripAdvisor 2022 awarded Treebones Resort with two prestigious awards:
1) Traveler's Choice Best Out of the Ordinary Hotels in the World
2) Traveler's Choice Best of the Best Top 1% of Hotels Worldwide
Ranked #1 Yoga Retreat in California
|Ventana Big Sur
(888) 382-4850, (831) 667-2331
An exclusive 5 star resort set amid 160 forested acres on the rugged Pacific coast. Ventana (Spanish for "windows") is both inspired by and reflective of its majestic setting in Big Sur. The adults-only luxurious resort is a place for visionairies, seekers, and romantics. Featuring 59 guestrooms and suites; glampsites; two resort pools with panoramic coastal views; the rejuvenating Spa Alila; the striking Glass House Gallery; and The Sur House, offering an expansive terrace with ocean views, fire pits and bar.
Featuring treatments rooted in both traditional and modern methods from around the world, as well as products that meld the healing properties of both earth and sea, Spa Alila at Ventana Big Sur is rejuvenating and regenerative for mind, body and soul. Outdoor treatment cabanas overlooking the redwood forest provide the ultimate inspiration.
Wondering where all these inn's are in relationship to one another? View a map of Big Sur.
Note: Nearly all of the lodges listed above do not allow pets. Big Sur Campground and Cabins and Fernwood Resort allow pets in the campground. The California state run camgrounds allow dogs if they are kept on a leash. Please contact the private camgrounds individually for their policies.
Visiting StateParks with your dog? FAQ. Click here
Dogs at Andrew Molera and Pfeiffer Big Sur State Parks? - Click Here